GB's legal team is highly recognized and respected within the company and has been rapidly growing. The team includes 3 men and 3 women. Notably, newly joined 3 members have been promoted to Director position within 1 year. It is mainly responsible for performing due diligence for both domestic and international tech startups and drafting/reviewing investment agreements for tech startups. Members hold daily catch up meetings and communicate closely with each other.
You will be afforded plenty of responsibility and exposure to all legal aspects of the international legal transactions and the day-to-day legal operations. You will also work closely with multiple teams across the globe on a daily basis, independently managing various legal projects whilst collaborating with and learning from senior legal professionals.
- At least 1-year professional legal experience
- Ability to communicate proficiently in written English on legal matters, and an intermediate level of conversational English (Rather than test scores, our emphasis is on practical ability, so no minimum English language test score is required.)
- Strong interest in tech and startup industry
GB is seeking a legal professional who (i) is capable to communicate proficiently in English on legal matters, and (ii) is interested in tech and/or startup industry. Reporting to one of the Director who is responsible for the international deals, the successful candidate will not only assist due diligence end-to-end, but will also review, not draft, investment agreements, NDAs and other investment deal related documents.
- Type of employment
- Full-time employee
- Probationary period
- 3 months or more
- 10-11 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 150-0031
- 8:55 through 17:55 (with 1-hour break), possible overtime work
- Regular five-day workweek (holidays on Sat. & Sun.), national holidays, summer and year-end/new-year holidays, and paid leave
- Fixed salary system (determined based on company regulations in consideration of experience and competency)
- Incentive plan
- Salary revision once a year (depending on performance review), fixed bonus (equivalent to 4-month pay), extra bonus
- Commuting allowance
- Unemployment insurance, workers' compensation insurance, employees’ pension insurance, and employees’ health insurance (Japan Health Insurance Association)
1. Life event support for employees and their familie
- 1-week refreshment leave (once a year)
- Leave for family events (school entrance ceremony, graduation ceremony, etc.)
- Money gifts and leave for wedding and childbirth, congratulatory or condolence payments
- Generous support for parents including maternity leave, childcare leave, discount coupons for hiring babysitters, etc.
- Company retreats (to Hawaii, Thailand, Guam, Hokkaido, etc. in the past), Christmas parties, etc., inviting employees’ family members as well to better understand our company
- Member of an employee welfare service (RELO CLUB)
2. Well-being and healthcare for employees and their families
- Medical checkup, comprehensive medical examination (financial support for spouses partly available) * Examination items differ depending on the age
- Mental healthcare support
- Flu shot expenses covered the company (including those for families living together)
- Optional medical insurance and death insurance, with premiums covered by the company. Benefits will be paid to cover hospitalization expenses due to sudden illness/injury and support employees’ families.
3. Comfortable office environment for open communication
- Welcome parties, farewell parties, summer parties, year-end parties etc. (several times per year)
- Light meals, snacks, drinks, etc. available at the office break room with employee discount available
- Spacious and neat office with large desks, office phone booths/meeting pods for online meetings (hot-desking system adopted at some office area)
- Company PCs and smartphones offered
- Employee training once a year in Japan or overseas (past locations include Singapore, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and Taiwan)
Global Brain’s employee benefits program is constantly evolving for the well-being of employees and their families.