Resin.io (hereinafter “Resin”) is an innovative startup with an operation office in Seattle that provides a comprehensive management platform for Linux based IoT devices. The platform provided by Resin is being adopted in various sizes of companies, from SME to large company, in worldwide, and various industries.
As a general partner of KDDI Open Innovation Fund III (hereinafter “KOIF-III”), Global Brain Corporation (hereinafter “GB”), in collaboration with SORACOM, KDDI Group company, set up “SORACOM IoT Fund Program” in order to strengthen its efforts on areas that are increasingly important in the 5G era, and will discover promising startups utilizing knowledge of networks, technologies and business with startups owned by Global Brain, KDDI and SORACOM.
GB has evaluated Resin’s past achievements and technical capability and will leverage its resources to support Resin in collaboration with SORACOM.
KDDI Open Innovation Fund III
- Partnership Period
- Until March 2028 (10 years)
- Target company
- A promising startup in the 5G era that co-creates business with the KDDI Group
- Fund Size
- JPY 20 billion (USD 188 million)
- General Partner
- Global Brain Corporation
- June 1984
- 3-10-10, Iidabashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- Makoto Takahashi (President, Representative Director)
- Telecommunication Business
- October 2011
- Operations in Seattle and headquarters in UK
- Alexandros Marinos (CEO)
- Comprehensive management platform for Linux based IoT devices
- SORACOM, INC.
- 3F Ojima Bldg 4-5-6, Tamagawa Setagaya Tokyo, 158-0094, Japan
- Ken Tamagawa (CEO)
- November 2014
- IoT communication platform “SORACOM” and communication core network “SORACOM vConnecCore”
Global Brain Corporation
- January 1998
- 10-11 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- Yasuhiko Yurimoto (President & CEO)
- Venture Capital